Sunday, 1 May 2016

Temple of the Morning Wood (May Update)





From now on there will be one update to this comic per month.

As usual I would have liked to have more pages completed, but April was a busy month, and at least there's some clarifying dialogue in these.

We're approaching the sexiest and the weird(est) parts of the chapter soon, but I think next month will still be mostly a bunch of talking. I'm trying to tell the story efficiently so it doesn't drag (especially in terms of dialogue) but still allow for little character moments and important plot developments to take the space they need, and there's only so much compressing that can be done without losing a sense of immersion in a story.

Quite some time ago I watched some episodes of Turn A Gundam (because Loran Cehack is so fucking sexy holy shit) and from what I remember it kept skipping ahead too much for me. You never got the opportunity to feel involved with the characters, because after something big happened to them the story didn't bother to show them adjust to it, it just jumped to the future and threw the next thing at them. So that's something I want to avoid. There will be calm after the storm.

Then again, I'm the kind of person who fast forwards through the fights in mecha anime so I can get to the cute characters interacting instead, so maybe they're not for me, haha.

Next Part
Previous Part

8 comments:

  1. Yes, Yes, YES !!
    Even if it's just 4 or 5 pages per month it's still great! It gives us all something to wait for, it's like waiting for the next episode of some newly released anime, DAMN the HYPE is real!
    I really really like this story. How many more chapters do you have in mind?
    And any ideas for the next big story?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are ideas for several chapters, involving harpies, mermaids, a dragon, other gods, various monsters and other human cities, so that would hopefully make for a lot of chapters.

      Delete
    2. YES! You're going to become the Tolkien of Erotic Manga!

      Delete
    3. I can guarantee there will never be any elves though.

      Delete
    4. Now you have me wonder if you will ever attempt to re-create Smeagol. My precioouuuuus

      Delete
  2. This was a well-anticipated addition, but c'mon! Why'd you have to cut off here? D: It was just getting really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its what he had time to write, it takes time. It's like anime, instead of weekly it's monthly, stay tunned !

      Delete